Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Miriam Defensor Santiago - Strikes Again!

MANILA PHILIPPINES - After a long absence from the Senate following her announcement in July that she has stage 4 lung cancer, Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago is back, feistier than ever.
On Wednesday, the lawmaker showed no signs of letting up in the fierceness department as she stormed out of her very own committee hearing. Santiago lost her patience over members of the House of Representatives who were late to the Commission on Appointments' foreign affairs committee hearing.
Clearly, illness did not diminish her ferocity, as well as her penchant for dishing out sharp one-liners and quotable quotes, some of which we compiled below for your reading pleasure.


I went to see a PULMONOLOGIST and then she said,

"Im sorry but you have cancer,"
and I said, Yes!
BECAUSE I wanted a challenge in my life."


"If I do not die of cancer,
or if I do not die from medication,
I will die from working just to earn a living,"


"Only my body is sick of cancer, not my brain
--unlike other people who have brain cancer
AND CONTINUE TO HOLD PUBLIC OFFICE."

"Even in the Bible the innocent are as bold as the lion,
but the guilty flee."

"The only reason why I don't go to the Senate yet while I'm on partial recovery is that I might
lost my temper.
Lalo na yung ibang pinagsasabi ng mga testigo sa hearings na napapanood ko...
To call them dirty liars is to insult dirty liars."

"As for all those JERKS IN THE GOVERNMENT who are my enemies, I repeat, they are the reason why
God created the middle finger."

"I am facing death in the face. I have told you death is very beautiful experience, so I'm no longer
pulling my punches.
'Pag mali, mali. 'Pag corrupt, corrupt."

No comments:

Post a Comment